Anthony Albanese released from hospital following Marrickville car crash | Ralph Lauren

Must Read


Anthony Albanese has spoken after leaving hospital following a shocking crash in which the federal Labor leader’s car was T-boned.

The federal Labor leader’s car was T-boned by a 17-year-old driver in the Sydney suburb of Marrickville on Friday afternoon.

Mr Albanese, 57, was treated at the scene before being taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in a stable condition.

He was kept in hospital overnight for ongoing observations before being released on Saturday.

“If this accident was 10 years ago I wouldn’t be speaking to you here,” Mr Albanese said.

“There is pain in my neck, my back … and there is some swelling.

Anthony Albanese walks out of hospital on Saturday.
Camera IconAnthony Albanese walks out of hospital on Saturday. Credit: Amelia Brace/Twitter

“Part of the recovery is just trying to control the pain. It’s expected that the next 24 hours will not be terribly easy for me but I have every confidence in the medical advice.”

Mr Albanese, who is now on medication, said he would require further MRIs and spend the next few days resting.

If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .

To find out more about how we use cookies, please see our Cookie Guide.

He had planned to travel to Canberra on Sunday to quarantine before parliament resumes next month but said he would now be unable to do so.

“I expect to be able to resume my duties very soon,” Mr Albanese said.

Mr Albanese’s car was hit by another driver in the Sydney suburb of Marrickville.
Camera IconMr Albanese’s car was hit by another driver in the Sydney suburb of Marrickville. Credit: News Corp Australia
Anthony Albanese is treated for injuries following a car crash.
Camera IconAnthony Albanese is treated for injuries following a car crash. Credit: Supplied

Earlier in a tweet, Mr Albanese thanked the paramedics, police, doctors, nurses, orderlies, radiographers and other hospital staff.

“You are the best,” he wrote around 3pm.

Emergency services were called to the scene before 5pm on Friday following reports a black Range Rover and had collided with a dark grey Toyota Camry.

The driver of the Range Rover, a male from Beverley Hills, was issued an infringement notice for negligent driving.

Asked about the driver who caused the accident, the opposition leader revealed the teen had apologised to him while he was stuck in the car, unable to move.

“I hope that that’s a sign that he will take this experience and become the safest driver that Australia has ever seen,” he said.

More to come.



Source link

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Trbojevic beats Tedesco in battle of No.1s | Ralph Lauren

In the battle of the superstar fullbacks, Tom Trbojevic won.And it wasn't even close.Frustrated by his quiet night...

More Articles Like This