It is one of Australia’s most colourful events.
It’s authentic outback, full of characters — and plenty of fun.
The Camel Cup brings the Red Centre alive.
And we have an exclusive Camel Cup Travel Club Tour, in partnership with our friends at Holidays of Australia.
It’s gonna be a hoot.
There’s a direct charter flight between Perth and Uluru, two nights at the Lost Camel Hotel (of course), passes for the Camel Cup races and events, a pass to the Camel Club Gala Ball (better believe it), and touring of Uluru and Kata Tjuta.
It goes like this …
Friday May 28, 2021
- Leave Perth on a private charter flight at 9.20am, and arrive at Uluru about 1.30pm (times to be confirmed).
- Transfer from airport to Lost Camel Hotel.
- Join us for a Drover’s Lunch at Sails in the Desert’s restaurant.
- Afternoon Uluru tour, including a guided waterhole walk. Leave the hotel about 3.30pm and return at 5.30pm.
- About 6.30pm to 11.30pm, the Camel Cup build-up begins. There’s a shuttle to the cup venue and the chance bid on a favourite camel with the locals. There will be food trucks, full bar, live entertainment.
- The whole weekend is “contact free”, using “Camel Cash”. And our package includes $100 per person in Camel Cash, to get them going.
- They will be able to use VIP Lanes for drinks.
Saturday May 29
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast. It’s going to be a big day.
- The Camel Cup day is from 11am to 5.45pm, with a shuttle bus looping all day, so guests can come and go as they please.
- The racing begins with qualifying races followed by the exciting Quarter Mile Flyer, Plate Race and the Uluru Camel Cup itself.
- Off the track, there’s plenty to see and do – with outback games, whip cracking, fashions on the field, reptile show, food trucks and helicopter flights.
- Our guests will also receive VIP area invitations.
- We’ll suggest that those going to the Gala Ball catch the shuttle bus back to the hotel at some stage to freshen up and change — and then get back for the fun that starts about 8pm. Frock up and rock up under the sparkling outback night sky, complete with a red desert dance floor, live entertainment and food trucks. The party usually goes to about 1am. Gala Ball entry is included in the package.
- (Or guests can stay at the hotel, of course.)
Sunday May 30
- Breakfast is included again, and then, from about 10am to 1pm, we’re off to Kata Tjuta Tour (“the Olgas”) by coach, to spend time exploring there. There are some great walks.
- We return to the hotel for a two course lunch at the hotel — and a didgeridoo performance.
- We then transfer to flight and depart Uluru at 4pm, arriving in Perth about 5.40pm (times to be confirmed).
- $2449 per person, twin share.
- $2749 per single.
- Includes return private charter flight, transfers, two nights’ accommodation, Camel Cup and Camel Cup Ball event passes, Uluru touring and Kata Tjuta touring.
It’s such a great photographic event that Mogens Johansen, our Lead Travel Photographer, would’ve got the hump if we hadn’t let him go. You could say he’s champing at the bit.
It’s a colourful weekend to shoot — with action, characters, opportunities for candid and night photography.
Mogens will be travelling with the group, and will set times and places where he will lead short PhotoWalks, helping our travellers get good pictures, a real feel for the weekend, and a great set of images.