Monaco says F1 Grand Prix will go ahead | Ralph Lauren

Must Read

[ad_1]

Formula One’s Monaco Grand Prix will go ahead this season, organisers have said in response to speculation the showcase race could be scrapped.

The harbourside race, traditionally a glamour highlight of the year, is scheduled for May 23 as the fifth round on a calendar that was tweaked earlier this month due to the continuing spread of the virus.

In a Twitter post on Monday, the Automobile Club de Monaco confirmed the race would go ahead, “despite the latest rumours”.

The Historic Grand Prix for classic F1 cars was also confirmed for April 23-25 and the all-electric Formula E race on May 8.

Formula One’s 2020 season was postponed and then reduced to 17 races, mostly behind closed doors.

Several races were cancelled, including the Monaco and Australian events.

With the pandemic flaring again and more contagious new variants emerging, countries have imposed tighter travel restrictions.

Australia, the usual season-opener in Melbourne in March, has been postponed to November due to the current quarantine requirements, while China’s race in Shanghai remains uncertain.

But Formula One dismissed speculation at the weekend that races at street circuits like Monaco were set to be cancelled.

“We have set out the details of the revised 2021 calendar and there are no other changes,” a spokesman said.

Saudi Arabia is due to debut this year with a floodlit street race in Jeddah in December.

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

CBD Oil Australia: Must check these details

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical that is found in the Cannabis sativia plant, also known as cannabis. A cbd oil contains almost...

More Articles Like This