Rooster Radley banned for five NRL matches | Ralph Lauren

Must Read


Victor Radley has been ruled out of the first two State of Origin matches for NSW after being banned for five weeks at the NRL judiciary.

Radley on Tuesday night failed to have his high tackle charge downgraded, copping a four-game ban for his high shot on Brisbane’s Tevita Pangai.

The ban is compounded by another one week as the Sydney Roosters lock had already accepted hitting Albert Kelly high after he had kicked.

It took the three-man panel of Bob Lindner, Tony Puletua and Dallas Johnson 30 minutes to agree with NRL counsel Peter McGrath.

The NRL’s counsel Peter McGrath argued in the 70-minute hearing Radley had launched at speed and with moderate force to the side of Pangai’s face.

“It adds up to an unacceptable risk of injury to the face of Pangai Junior,” McGrath said.

But Radley’s lawyer James McLeod unsuccessfully argued while the collision of the two bodies was significant, the contact with the head was “fleeting” and “incidental”.

He also said that Pangai remained on the field was significant, despite the arguments from McGrath.

“There is no injury,” McLeod told the panel.

“Pangai Junior does not go off and you see he gets back to his feet and he has a wry smile.

“He gets up no doubt aware he has chosen to play in a contact sport with collision from time to time.

“And (he) gets on with it, in circumstances where unfortunately there was a low degree of contact to the head.”



Source link

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Perception of China in Aust plummets: poll | Ralph Lauren

Fewer than one in five Australians trust China to act responsibly in the world and even fewer endorse...

More Articles Like This